A Memorable Teacher

A memorable teacher that I have immense respect for is Dr. Choi from Queens College.  She was the teacher for the Science of Foods class in the dietetic program.  I met Dr. Choi when it was her first semester at QC; she took her job very seriously.  Exams were challenging and lectures were fun and enlightening.  Dr. Choi is a true professional who dedicates her time and interest towards each individual student.  She has a cheerful disposition, which makes her very approachable, but what impressed me most was her understanding of chemistry and biology in relation to food.  In addition, her achievement at earning a doctorate places her in a category of very intelligent people.  I would like to follow in Dr. Choi’s footsteps and possibly teach nutrition in a university at some time.   I was honored to have my picture taken with Dr. Choi at my graduation…  It is the only picture that was taken that day – and it truly was a meaningful picture to remember a very special event.

About The Author

debbie lynn blue

Other posts by

Author his web site

11

11 2012

0 Comments Add Yours ↓

The upper is the most recent comment

1. 1

Hi Debbie,

How are you? I enjoying reading about your memorable teacher. I must say that I agree with you. She is a wonderful teacher. I did learned a lot and I enjoyed her class. I have seen her within the last two years and when I saw her it felt like we seen each other yesterday. She always smiling.

2. 2

I had Professsor Choi for food science at Queens too. I thought she was awesome because even though the course was a bit challenging, she made it extremely fun. Her tests were difficult, but her grading was fair and I do miss her.

3. 3

It sounds like Dr. Choi is a great professor. You clearly respect her a lot and have learned tremendously from her. She is a role model because of all her accomplishments. I can see from your description of Dr. Choi that you will remember her and what she has taught you for years to come.