choosing a career path

Choosing a career path was not easy for me. When I was in high school, I focused on taking more science classes, but I did not know what I want to do in the future. When I started college, I was still confused about declaring my major. I chose computer science as my major because my husband told me so. I was never happy about choosing that major. Then I took a general chemistry class during my second semester. I enjoyed the class so much that I changed my major to biochemistry. I continued my undergrad as biochemistry major for 3 semesters. Then I got pregnant and took a semester off from college because I had a very complicated pregnancy.

This pregnancy changed my vision of life. I started to look at life differently. Because of my complicated pregnancy, I had to follow a very strict and specific diet. I had to see a dietitian on a regular basis during the entire pregnancy. Before I met my dietitian, I was not sure about what a dietitian actually does. I realized how important a dietitian’s role is to help people live a healthy life. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl with the help of my dietitian.

Finally, I knew what I want to do and which profession I want to choose. When I went back to school after giving birth, I decided to chance my major again. I wanted to become a dietitian from the bottom of my heart. I choose dietetic major because I was passionate about becoming a dietitian. I never looked back after that. My dedication helped me to complete my bachelor degree in dietetic and currently I am doing my masters in nutrition. I am glad that I chose this profession because I can build a healthy eating habit for my family and the community that I will work with in future, and live a healthy life.

About The Author

tahneen moshreba

Other posts by

Author his web site

07

11 2012

0 Comments Add Yours ↓

The upper is the most recent comment

1. 1

A lot of the times the careers that we choose often change for various reasons until we find that special one.