My Passion

My passion is music.  String instruments that resonate a serenade are my favorite.  I learned to play the piano from a concert pianist when I was a child, and then I continued taking lessons again with my youngest son.  We played Janet Jackson duets together and the playful joy that resulted was magic.  When my older son played the drums in high school I asked for his guidance in polishing up my timing while playing pop tunes on the piano.  Coincidentally I also played drums in the school band.

I listen to soothing music from different cultures when I practice and teach yoga, and I really enjoy playing salsa music and dancing.  I recently heard a guitarist from Spain on a public radio station and I couldn’t wait to buy his CD.  It arrived today and I listened to it while I cooked our Sunday night family dinner.  It truly was the “magical” ingredient that made the sweet and sour stir fried chicken and vegetables taste even better.

During the recent hurricane, I enjoyed listening to CD’s on my battery operated CD player.  Music is my passion.  It takes me away from stress and adds happiness and serenity to my life.

About The Author

debbie lynn blue

Other posts by

Author his web site

04

11 2012

0 Comments Add Yours ↓

The upper is the most recent comment

1. 1

Hi Debbi,
    You have the same passion as me. My passion is music too and i love singing. I totally agree with you that music is something that helps you clam down, take away your stress, makes you happy. I can tell how much you love music because you stated it over with your son. I love how you use music as a ingredient into your cooking.Keep it up.
    Tahneen